- Design, develop & operate all related platforms in Tech Platform department (E.g: container platform, CI/CD platform, secret management platform, etc…) to ensure smooth & secure operation of said systems.
- Collaborate with the team to achieve the success metrics reliably and consistently post-launch & throughout life-cycle of the system. Provide continuous design & operation improvements in order to meet the ambitious short-term/long-term goals of the department.
Your role & responsibilities
- Build, develop and deliver component of small to medium-sized feature of application platform reliably, including appropriate metrics, monitoring, paging, etc… in placed.
- Define clear success metrics & achieve those metrics reliably & consistently post-launch & through life-cycle of the system.
- Analyze patterns in incidents and identify improvements needed in how we operate and design the platform.
- Regular sharing sessions are organized within the center or IT-wide.
- Mentorships are provided to junior members of the center when being assigned.
- Develop process/guide/workshop/training other devops engineers /other team for share knowledge, experience really for Platform Technology/IT area
- Optimize the process to onboard services in production by meeting the VPBank’s standards to build and operate services securely & efficiently.
- Build more self-service items in the developer portal catalog
- Proactively identify new opportunities and advocate for and implement improvements to the current state of projects — potentially having broader business impact across teams or products
- Proactively keep other departments needs in mind and leverage input from various stakeholders as available to determine the right technical solutions to deliver solutions quickly
- Features are being built & delivered timely, reliably with all the production readiness checklist in-placed.
- All success metrics (E.g: number of deployments per day for CI/CD platform) are properly defined & can be attained reliably post-launch & during the life-cycle of the system.
- Root causes are being identified and improvement plans are made post-incident to make sure the issue won’t happen again.
- Good feedback from junior member in the post-training survey.
- Good staff engagement metrics during the sharing knowledge session.
- The sharing knowledge are properly documented & accessible for all members post training. Improvements on metrics like time spent on new hiring is reduced, average time spend to support repetitive cases are reduced.
- Domain teams can fully self-service via developer portal without assist from platform team. E.g: domains team can provision infrastructure by themselves via developer portal with just a few steps &without additional assistance from platform team.
- Domains team have full control over their workload but still stay within VPBank’s regulation & compliance policy.
- Number of steps are reduced & better UX for each services in the catalog, reflected by number of support cases reduces.
- New opportunities are identified and improvements are implemented by doing facilitating cross-department work, reflecting in the metrics, tracked by each according platform where improvements are made. E.g: improvement in CI/CD should reflect in relevant metrics like increasing number of deployments per day, reduce average CI/CD pipeline duration, reduce average number of known CVE on each system, etc…
- Relationships & coordination across teams with disciplines are built, helping get to positive outcomes.
- Informed decisions are made by consulting the right stakeholders and balancing details with the big picture. Executions are made against the spirit, and not just the letter, of the requirements.
AUTHORITY/ RESPONSIBILITY AND QUANTATIVE DIMENSIONS:
- Build and deliver solid solutions for assigned problems regarding CI/CD, Container Platform, Cloud Platform in general.
- Propose ideas for improvements where you see fits, get approval and implement it.
- Approval for change adoption will introduce major changes into the team’s workflow.
- Deliver objectives set for the year
- Deliver KPIs for the year
- Work within the provided budget for the year if there are no additional requirements.
Your skills & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
Relevant Knowledge/ Expertise:
- 2-3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role .
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Good in one or more coding languages, preferably Java or .NET
- Experience with CI/CD workflows and tools: Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, CircleCI, GitLabCI, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with development platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience with containerization platforms and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Strong automation scripting skills.
- Experience in configuration management, test-driven development and release management.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of agile development and DevOps principles.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information, and to draw conclusions.
- Flexibility, adaptability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Strong collaboration skills, with a demonstrated ability to work well as part of the team.
- Be able to catch up and manage works quickly and effectively
- Be able to work independently with high pressure, good in teamwork
- Careful, responsible, and secure in protecting information/data belong to Bank
- Good knowledge of risk management principles, methodology and practice
- Mentor and coach other devops engineers. Assigned as a buddy to support new employees according to the new recruitment needs of each period in the center
- Can use English at moderate level
- Stakeholder expectation management
- Risk Management
- Customer Focus
- Others Experience
- Strong Logical Thinker and Planner
- Implementation and Deliver ability
Benefits for you
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Insurance in accordance with Labor laws + VPBank Care insurance for all employees. (insurance covered for family members for entitled employees)
- Working time: from Monday to Friday & 2 Saturday mornings/month
- Staff loan with special interest rates
- Traing courses based on the job, Training framework/Learning RoadMap for each position
- Annual leave (varied based on job grade)
- Travel allowance
- A dynamic and friendly working environment, full of great opportunities to develop your career and abundant interesting activities to join (Sports competitions, talent contests, teambuilding…)
Ngân hàng TMCP Việt Nam Thịnh Vượng (VPBank)